Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Good Things about 2008


A REVIEW OF THE PAST YEAR ...
It was a good year for playing Uno.

We are all reviewing the past year. What a turbulent one it has been for the US, and the world. I was just looking at Cagle's cartoons for the exit of President Bush. Out new President Obama has his hands full. Our thoughts and prayers are with him. BTW, he's got a lot of Leo in his chart, so watch for some drama from "no-drama Obama".

So gas rising again, war still going on, new war in the Middle East, failing economies ... but what about your own life last year, your private and personal life?

I decided to look back over my own past year, and focus on the good things, the sweet things, the meaningful things. As Claudia says, "The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it." C. Jung

For me, in 2008,
Just playing. Little Meg took this photo of me at the park.

Being with my son. He doesn't like his photo on the 'net, but that's how I look when he puts his arm around me.

Playing Uno with my sister on the cruise. She loves to play Uno. At the end of the cruise, which was my gift to her, she thanked me for playing Uno with her. You never know what's going to mean something to someone.


Going to the kids' productions and plays during the year.

Appreciating all the beautiful emails that friends, clients and family send me. This is from a series called Interspecies Love. I love the humorous ones too.


Visiting the nation's capitol. I spent my middle school years in D. C. (Forest Glen, Md.) so its history and history for me. Last year we took my granddaughter there for a "field trip."


Watching the bride and groom dance their first dance at the Family Wedding in October. The groom is a Sag. He said when he met her, "it just felt right."

Watching the newest member of our family grow and seeing how much her parents are enjoying her. Her mom is great about sending photos and youtubing videos. She is named for my mother, and she is a Leo.


Getting the family to attend the 75th Anniversary of the SEC Historical Society dinner in June of this year. Reservations for tables had to be in by the end of the year, and me and my sister worked hard. My father, Ray Garrett, Jr., was the 19th chairman of the SEC.
Getting my collage done and finding out I look most like Clara Bow, the "It" girl.

Helping my niece Hale hold the setting sun in the palm of her hand on our cruise to the Yucatan. Hale is an Aries. While drving around the still-hurricane-stricken port of Galveston, she thought I was driving "where you weren't supposed to" and you should've seen her take charge! She's not from Texas so she didn't know it was a Texas "road."

My grandchildren love webkins and were sad they didn't have Pegasus. I was able to find TWO of them on ebay. Hooray for ebay! Here they are at my piano.


Gianni is Italian, a humanity-loving Aquarius, and he taught me about his Italian heritage. I love to cook, so I made him struffoli. My version!

Tell me about your special experiences last year.

And now we go forward! Still time for a New Year's reading. Two VERY IMPORTANT dates coming right up here - Jan. 23-24, and Jan. 26 (eclipse). More on this! Email me for your reading.

No comments: