Friday, January 2, 2009

The Old Woman of Beare - about Goodbyes

"I dont hate the men who swore the truth was in their lies..." says The Old Woman of Beare, a Medieval Irish Poem.

It begins:

The sea crawls away from the shore,
Leaves weeds like corpse's hair
That desolate, withdrawing sea is in me.
I'm the Old Woman of Beare ... who once was so beautiful.

This video features the poem read by the late Irish Actress Rianha O'Haire and is copyright by Jim Clark. I proceed, as embedding has not been disabled.





This is a time of year, and an astrological time where we must say good bye to some things. The warmth of summer, for one thing. For you it may be the death or your mother, or your grandchild in a freak accident. Or your dreams of wealth and love with the married man who has disappeared, or the romantic Italian lover ... both of whom swore their truths were lies.

Or the end of your stay at a job ... career ...a marriage ... a city ... a country. For Chris who can't find a girl who will go back to Germany with him, Philip who is losing his eyesight, and Marianna who is losing her penchant for abusive men.

This moon is about endings ... which are always about beginings.

Whatever you are doing doing it well. And whatever needs to go, let it go.

"Now all I know is how to die," she says. "s you can see I'm doing it well."

And after that ...

Let me do a reading for you. Free mini-readings for first time clients only please. Email me at sdunn@susandunn.cc.

CURRENT MOON


No comments: