Sunday, August 17, 2008

Aquarius and Leo? Can there be love.

Is anyone home??



Can you tell me what to do? I'm a Leo and I fell in love with an Aquarius. It has turned out to cause me more tears than any romance I've been in, yet he keeps pulling me back into it. He will occasionally say the things I like and need to hear, and then he becomes totally distant. I'm so confused. He tells me all the time (he's a doctor) how important it is to LISTEN to people (his patients), but he sure doesn't listen to ME. He can be so cold I can't believe it. Once in the middle of a state-of-the-art relationship talk, he took a phone call. Sometimes he'll go weeks without getting together with me. What am I doing wrong? Is this just a bad match? I can't figure out what attracted me to him in the first place. --Saneetra


The trouble with this pairing is that the two signs have definitions of LOVE that are almost diametrically opposed.


Aquarian, despite being thought to be the lovers of people, are not so demonstrative about a person in general. They are always at a distance, without sentimental committment.


The Leo needs lots of romanticism and sentiment, and rarely does a Aquarius fit the bill. They start strong (what man doesn't) and then, it's off to IMPORTANT things, generally Aquarian, like saving the world, taking care of "people", climbing mountains, anything but the woman they're with.

It's possible for some Leos and Aquarians to function, but it's more like "function," if you know what I mean. Aquarians are intellectuals, not very interested in their emotional side. They often think it "silly." I remember counseling one Aquarian that he needed to work on his emotional intelligence, and he said, laughing, "you can't be emotional AND be intelligent." Uh oh.
The only saving grace is if the Aquarian understands the Leo pride. To be ignored is not going to work with a Leo.
I'd look elsewhere. He's drawn to you for what he's missing, but he can't connect to it.
If you're in a relationship, let me do a compatibility reading for you. Email me at sdunn@susandunn.cc .

No comments: